Indian Medical E-Visa
What is the Indian medical visa?
The Indian e-medical visa is an online travel authorization for international travelers to seek medical treatment from a reputed hospital or healthcare institution in India. The visa holder can make a maximum of three trips to India. It is a short-term travel permit granted exclusively for undergoing medical treatment for specific ailments. Two blood relatives of the patient can accompany them on their trip to India. However, they will obtain a medical attendant visa separately. The Indian medical e-visa will be valid for 60 days or two months. The visa’s validity will start from the date of the patient’s arrival in India. It is a multiple-entry visa so that the patient can make a maximum of three trips within the visa validity period.
A patient can apply for a medical e-visa a maximum of two times in a calendar year. The visa holder can enter India via the 28 designated airports for international travelers and 5 designated seaports.
How does an e-Medical visa work?
Applying for a medical e-visa is a straightforward and time-saving process. Eligible travelers only have to complete an online Indian application form to provide essential details about them and their treatment requirements. They will give their full name, parents’ names, date and place of birth, contact information, email address, home address, and passport data. Passport details will include information such as passport number, issue date, and expiry date. Additionally, applicants will need to answer a series of security questions. The final step is to pay the e-medical visa fee using a credit or debit card to complete the visa application process. After approval, the e-medical visa is directly sent to the applicant’s email address.
Documents Required for Indian e-Medical Visa:
- The applicant will have to submit the following supporting documents with the Indian e-medical visa application form.
- A colored scan of the passport’s information page in JPG, PDF, or PNG format. The image must not be more than 3mb in size. It is mandatory that the passport is valid for at least 6 months from the traveler’s arrival date in India and contains two blank pages.
- A scan of colored, recent passport-style photographs in JPG or JPEG format. The picture should show a full-front view of the applicant and preferably taken against a plain white background.
- A referral letter from the hospital where the applicant is visiting in their home country.
- A letter from a hospital in India, printed on the letterhead of the hospital. The letter must show that the applicant can receive their desired medical treatment at their facility.
- Proof of sufficient funds to support their stay in India.
When filling out the application form, the patient must answer a few questions about their health and the hospital where they want to get treated in India.
Are you Eligible for Indian Medical E-Visa?
The Indian Medical visa is offered to nationals of 165 countries only. You must check the list of countries eligible for a medical visa online to understand if you can apply or not. Furthermore, you must fulfill the required eligibility criteria to apply for Indian medical e-visa. The requirements of eligibility are as follows:
- You should seek preliminary medical guidance in your home country and present a recommendation letter from your physician or medical specialist to pursue treatment in India. For this purpose, you will require a referral letter from the hospital of a treatment center in your own country.
- Patients can only apply for medical treatment from a recognized institution in India. The institution must specialize in treating the condition.
- Your application for a medical e-visa may be rejected if you don’t apply for pursuing specialist treatment from a hospital or treatment center that is not licensed and recognized by the government of India.
- Patients seeking treatment for the following ailments can obtain a medical e-visa. Neurosurgery, heart-related or cardiovascular conditions, ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, congenital disorders, organ transplantation, radiotherapy, gene-therapy, plastic-surgery, and joint replacement.
- Please remember that you cannot apply for a medical e-visa for surrogacy.
- No more than two attendants are allowed to accompany the holder of a medical e-visa. The attendants must be the blood relative of the patient.
- Attendants will apply separately for a medical attendant visa.
- The online medical visa is non-extendable and non-convertible. However, in specific cases, the government may extend the validity period of the visa.
Indian e-Medical Visa Guidelines:
- The traveler must carry a digital and printed copy of the approved e-visa at all times while staying in India.
- Parents cannot include their children in the online visa application.
- A maximum of three trips is allowed on an Indian e-medical visa.
- Holders of e-medical visas cannot visit prohibited, protected, or restricted areas in India.
Indian Medical E-Visa Processing and Cost:
Foreigners can choose between three different processing durations. Standard and Super Rush. Typically, Indian e-medical visa applications are processed quickly, and the approved visa is emailed to the applicant within a few days. However, if you want to obtain a visa urgently, you must select the appropriate payment package. Here’s the breakdown of the e-medical visa cost and processing times.
- Standard- The visa will cost ($) and issued within (3-5) days.
- Super Rush- The visa will cost ($) and issued within (1-4) hours.
The standard processing time of e-medical visa depends on several factors, such as the ongoing visa application volume. It usually doesn’t take more than four business days for application processing. We suggest that you apply at least 4 days before your expected date of travel to India. Make sure to submit accurate information since minor errors can cause unnecessary delays or even lead to your visa application rejection.
The Indian government has introduced an online Indian medical visa for foreign nationals from around the world, seeking specialized medical treatment in India. The visa is available for extended periods and allows foreign nationals to undergo high-quality and technologically advanced healthcare services.
The Indian healthcare system is among the best in the world, and the country is known for its specialty medical treatments at affordable rates. Indian hospitals are equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment and highly qualified medical specialists. Therefore, patients from developing and developed nations want to seek medical expertise in India. The country offers budget-friendly accommodation and exceptional hospitality. With the availability of expert translators, Indian hospitals are an attractive option for patients.
The electronic medical visa or medical e-visa has made it extremely easy for patients from over 165 countries to apply for a medical e-visa. Eligible patients who need to undergo treatment under the Indian system of Medicine or other specialized medical treatment from a reputed treatment center or hospital in India can obtain an e-medical visa.